(f) LNA 2 power and control (30AIW6).
determined in step (1) above. Insert and lock the
mounting pin. For example: if the final angle is 37.50
degrees, pin the 40 degree hole; if 37.49 degrees, pin
(h) Elevation drive (W1).
the 35 degree hole.
(i) Cross-elevation drive (W2).
(4) Check the dress of the cables and the
(7) Dress any excess waveguide and cable
flexing loops between the antenna and the messenger
away from the shelter and toward the antenna to allow
pole. Adjust the cables and waver guide accordingly to
maximum flexing loops for unrestricted antenna
allow maximum flexing loops for unrestricted antenna
movement. Do not tighten the hanger straps as yet.
movement. Tighten the hanger straps on the messenger
(8) At the antenna end of the messenger cable
dress the transmit waveguide to the left of the drive ring
(5) Check the level on the upper cross
and above the left trailing arm. Connect the waveguide
member of the rear leg assembly. If the level does not
to the or the mode transducer.
indicate that the structure is level in the cross elevation
(9) Dress the elevation drive cable to the left
(azimuth) plane, perform steps (6) through (8) below. If
of the drive ring and between the left trailing arm and the
the structure is level, proceed to step (9) below.
upper cross member of the rear leg assembly.
(6) With a person on each side of the Y
Connect the cable plug to the elevation actuator
casting, maintain the level and leg clamps.
(7) Adjust the frame until the entire structure
(10) Dress the cross elevation drive cable to
the right of the drive ring. Connect the cable plug to the
(8) With one person standing on each side of
cross elevation actuator connector.
the Y casting, maintain the level and close the side leg
b. Final Alinement and Adjustment.
(1) Determine the final antenna elevation
(9) At the left pillow block on top of the
angle setting as follows:
elevation readout assembly rotate the elevation safety
switch knurled knob CCW to a setting of 0 (zero
approximately level ground in the elevation plane, the
final elevation angle setting is the.
same as the
(10) At the left pillow block adjust the elevation
ephermeric angle of the satellite.
readout vernier knob for a level indication on the
(b) If the rear pad is higher than the front
pad, add this slope angle to the ephermeric angle.
(11) Check the elevation angle of the antenna
(c) If the rear pad is lower than the front
as indicated on the elevation readout dial. Depending on
pad, subtract this slope angle from the ephermeric angle.
the last shutdown position of the elevation actuator, the
(2) Hold the antenna and the elevation
readout angle may indicate anywhere between 13
actuator rod end. Remove the pin from the drive ring
degrees of the final elevation angle.
adjustment is required.
(3) Rotate the antenna in elevation until the
rod end is alined with a drive ring degree hole which is
closest to the final elevation angle setting as