If a malfunction occurs, switch over
to the back-up modem and repeat
rack 3 or rack 4 RF output, is not
c. Racks 6 and 8, Multiplexes (A13 and A29).
Check the multiplexers as follows:
waveguide inside or outside of the
(1) Remove front cover.
Check all waveguide
(2) Check the voice and data modules for
connections before applying power.
(3) Check the transmit interface and receiver
This procedure contains general
input modules for the proper clock frequency operation.
follow-up instructions applicable to
(4) Place the POWER switches to ON and
the preliminary control settings in
observe that the POWER indicators illuminate.
d. Rack 6, A/D Converter (A11 and A12). Place
a. Power Distribution Panel. Operate controls
the POWER switches to ON and observe that the
and observe indicators as follows:
POWER indicators illuminate.
(1) RACK 1 switch to ON and observe that
e. Rack 7, TLG Line Isolator (A14).
rack 1 blower starts.
(1) Set up the controls on the three isolator
(2) RACK 2 switch to ON and observe that
units for the proper mode of operation.
rack 2 blower starts.
(2) Place the POWER switches to ON and
(3) RACK 3 AUX switch to ON and observe
observe that the PWR indicator illuminates.
that rack 3 blower starts.
Rack 7, Tone Keyer (A19).
(4) PA1 switch to ON and observe that power
(1) Check the jumper straps for proper
supply (rack 3, A14) AC POWER indicator illuminates.
operation on the selected unit.
(5) RACK 4 AUX switch to ON and Observe
(2) Place FUNCTION switches to LINE.
that rack 4 blower starts.
g. Rack 8, Echo Suppressor (A24) and 48 Volt
(6) PA2 switch to ON and observe that power
Power Supply. Place the POWER switches to ON.
supply (A18) AC POWER indicator illuminates.
h. CSS cabinet, SCOPE (A31). Gently pull the
(7) AIR COND 2 switch to ON.
POWER switch to the stop position and adjust the
(8) TTY switch to ON.
functional controls as required.
Rack 5, C/N Test Set (A1).
Check that the communication
microwattmeter power switch to PWR, push the modem
test set POWER switch in (to illuminate indicator), and
operating before applying ac power
adjust the functional controls as required.
to racks 5 through 8. Damage caused
by inadequate cooling of equipment
and Spectrum Analyzer (A7).
can result in loss of performance.
(A9), push in and release the POWER switch/indicator
pushbutton and observe that the indicator remains
AC power in the communication
illuminated when the pushbutton is released.
subsystem SCOPE/TTY rack may be
(2) On 'the spectrum analyzer (A7), place the
checked by observing any electrical
LINE switch to ON and adjust the functional control as
k. Rack 1, Downconverters (A2, A3, A4, A5, and
(9) RACK 5 switch to ON and observe that
A6). Operate and observe the selected downconverters
rack 5 blower starts.
(10) RACK 6 switch to ON and observe that
(1) Place the applicable POWER switches to
rack 6 blower starts and the orderwire (A10) PWR ON
ON and observe that POWER indicators illuminate.
(2) Tune the units to the selected frequency.
(11) RACK 7 switch to ON and observe that
Racks 2 and 3; Antenna Control (A7),
rack 7 blower starts.
Amplifier/Mixers (A8 and A10), XMT Patch (A9) and
(12) RACK 8 switch to ON and observe that
Upconverters (All, A12, A15, and A16).
rack 8 blower starts.
Place the AC
b. Rack 5, modems (A3 or A6). Place the
switch to ON and observe that the POWER indicator is
POWER switch on the selected modems and KY-801S
to ON; operate, and observe the following:
(2) Amplifier/mixers (A8 and A10). Operate
(1) POWER indicator illuminates.
and observe the selected amplifier/mixer as follows:
(2) Check the modem for malfunctions via the
(a) Rotate each STATUS MONITOR
SELF TEST controls and indicators.
switch to IPA MA.