If one or more of these equipments should fail, proceed
(4) Return the unit to its closed position and
tighten the four captive screws.
(1) At the antenna control unit, place the
(5) The antenna can now be operated in both
POWER circuit breaker to the OFF position.
the elevation and cross elevation axis by the use of the
(2) Loosen the four captive screws on the
hand crank supplied. The hand crank is stored in
front panel and pull on the handles to extend the unit
stowage bag SM-C-937355-3 (see fig. 2-4 and refer to
from the rack.
(3) At the rear of the unit, place the power
the LNA position.
Section IV. PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT
(3) Disconnect the following cables at the
antenna entry panel:
This section includes instructions for disassembly and
(a) W1-elevation actuator drive.
dismantling and the stowing of the equipment for
(b) W2-cross elevation actuator drive.
transport to a new location.
(c) 3OAlW1-receive SHF.
(d) 30A1W5-LNA 1 power and control.
(e 30A1W6-LNA 2 power and control.
procedures, be sure that the terminal
(f) 30A1W7-LNA BITE power and
equipment is in a complete shutdown
(g) 30A1W8-antenna auxiliary.
(h) 30AlW10-loop test.
Disassembly, Dismantling, and Stowage of
the 8-foot Antenna
(4) Disconnect the elevation (W1 and cross
Refer to table 2-1 for a list of stowed items. See figure 2-
elevation (W2) actuator cables at the antenna. Carefully
4 for the location of stowed items.
remove them from the messenger cable hanger straps.
a. Removing External Connections.
(5) Carefully coil the actuator cables and stow
(1) At the signal entry panel, remove all
them in their bag.
(6) Remove the remaining cables from the
(2) Secure and stow all these cables with the
messenger cable hanger straps and wrap them around
equipment to which they are connected.
the center section gimbal and secure them using
b. Removing Power Cables and Ground Cables.
brackets and straps provided.
(1) Disconnect primary power cable from the
(7) Disassemble the messenger cable and its
Stow the support pole.
(2) Disconnect ground cables from the power
messenger cable assembly in its bag.
distribution box, the shelter power entry panel, and the
(8) Coil the cable and stow the remote control
antenna left pillow block.
(3) Disconnect ground cables from the two
d. Removal of Shelter Anchor Cables (fig. 2-15,
(4) Coil, secure, and stow these cables in
their bag assemblies.
Wear work gloves to protect the hands
(5) Retrieve both ground rods (at the pallet
while removing the anchor cables.
and shelter). Separate the rod sections and stow them.
(1) At one of the tie-down assemblies, rotate
c. Removing Antenna Cables and Waveguide.
the take-up handle on the take-up device to loosen the
(1) Loosen the hanger straps on the
(2) Unlock the cable locking handle and pull
cable through the take-up device to put several inches of
slack in the cable.
waveguide with care.
(3) Remove the screw-bolt-end hook of the
caused by poor handling can result in
takeup device from the O-ring of the ground anchor
loss of performance.
(2) Release the quick disconnect clamps at
(4) Remove the cable-end hook from the
the antenna and shelter and remove the transmit
shelter guy ring.
waveguide, W3. Coil the waveguide and stow it in its