(13) Remove the feed tube by first removing
After one of the side leg assemblies
the clamp around the adapter flange and then rotating
has been removed the antenna
the feed tube until the alinement pins allow the unit to be
support structure is no longer free
standing and requires that one
(14) Replace the feed tube adapter cover and
person support the structure while
(15) Carefully place the feed tube in its canister
and stow the canister on the carriage assembly.
(28) Loosen the hand clamp on the right side
(16) Remove the pin that secures the rod end
leg assembly. Loosen the ball joint couplings at the
of the cross elevation actuator to the center section.
pillow block and the ground pad. Remove the side leg
(17) Remove the two pins that secure the
cross elevation actuator trailing arm. One pin is located
(29) Loosen the hand clamp on the left side leg
on the right pillow block, the other at the elevation drive
assembly. Loosen the ball joint couplings at the pillow
block and the ground pad. Remove the left side leg
(18) Carefully remove the cross elevation
actuator and then stow the pins in their respective
(30) Remove the two side base frame
members. Remove the two front base frame members.
(19) Remove the left trailing arm by removing
Remove the center base frame member.
the pins at each end. One pin is located at the left pillow
(31) Separate the front and rear leg
block, the other at the elevation drive ring. Stow the left
assemblies by loosening the two ball joint/pillow block
trailing arm in bag assembly no. 1.
couplings. Lift the leg assemblies off the ground pads.
(20) Unstow the stow bar from the center
h. Stowage of Items in the Shelter (fig. 2-4)
section and connect it to the right pillow block.
(1) Attach all of the mounting hardware and
(21) Remove the two mounting pins holding
place the antenna reflector quarter sections in place
the elevation drive ring. One is located at the top of the
against the rear wall of the shelter.
center section, the other at the bottom.
(2) Stow and secure the ground reds.
(22) Remove the elevation drive ring and
(3) Stow and secure the base frame
replace the pins in their respective stowage positions.
(23) Bring the carriage assembly and support
(4) Attach the storage bar to the rear leg
handles to the antenna site. Unstow the handle bars
assembly and then stow same. Stow the front leg
from the base of the carriage assembly.
(24) Install the support handles on the center
(5) Stow and secure the stowage bags on the
section and then install the handle bars on the support
floor of the shelter.
(6) Stow and secure the ground pads.
support handle with the stow brackets is installed.
(7) tow and secure the elevation drive ring
(25) Unlock and open the pillow blocks on the
and the side leg assemblies.
antenna support structure and on the carriage assembly.
(8) tow and secure the elevation and
Remove two rim pins from the bottom of the center
towage of Antenna Center Section and Other
Handle the center with care and use
(1) Inside the shelter check for or perform the
four persons to stow it on the
following, as required.
carriage assembly. Failure to do so
(a) All rack equipment is closed and
could result in possible damage to
fasteners are secured.
the equipment because of its bulk,
(b) All recirculating vents are closed.
weight, and delicate construction of
(c) All housekeeping, accessory, and
the mounted electronics.
auxiliary items are stowed and secured in place (table 2-
(d) The air conditioner vents are closed.
(26) Carefully lift the center section from the
(2) Retrieve the center section carriage bar
antenna support structure and place it on the carriage
assemblies and stow bars. Set the rear carriage bar
assembly. Check that the bottom of the center section is
assembly in place in the shelter floor and secure it to the
properly seated in the base of the carriage assembly.
rack brackets. Install the carriage bar in the same
Insert the two center section rim pins.
(27) Close and lock the pillow blocks on the
carriage assembly and on the antenna support structure.