(a) The following parts should be painted in
(3) Brush on light gray paint (MIL-C-22750). Allow
to dry thoroughly.
accordance with this procedure.
1. Front leg assembly except pillow
blocks, quick release (expanding pins), clamps and
When touching up front panels do not
2. Rear leg assembly except quick
destroy or cover the stenciled information
release (expanding) pins and mating parts.
3. Elevation drive ring.
4. Ring-to-gimbal support arm.
Paint Touch-Up of Antenna and Antenna
6. Elevation actuator except boot.
(1) Items not requiring painting. The following
7. Ring-actuator support.
items shall not be painted or refinished.
8. Cross elevation actuator except boot.
(b) Thoroughly clean surfaces and sand them
lightly with 00 sandpaper.
When in doubt, do not paint.
(c) Brush on solution of Turcoat No. 4354
(a) All clamps, quick release pins, expanding
(Class 3, Clear) MIL-C-5541B diluted to 3.0 0.5 ounces
bolts and inserts and mating parts.
per gallon of water.
(b) Feed tube assembly.
(c) Feed tube adapter.
(d) Pillow blocks and mating parts.
Do not allow Turcoat solution to come in
(f) Elevation index dial and elevation disc
contact with skin.
(d) Allow solution to remain for 6 + 2 minutes.
(g) Cross elevation index drum and cross
wipe dry with clean cloth.
(e) Apply lusterless white enamel undercoat
(MIL-C-22750). Allow to dry thoroughly.
(i) Orthomode transducer.
(f) Brush on lusterless dark green (MILC-
(i) round rods and ground studs.
46168 pigmented per MIL-C-46061).
Allow to dry
(2) Paint touch-up for aluminum parts.
Section III. LUBRICATION INSTRUCTIONS
(4) Return the boot to the normal position and
tighten the clamp.
Lubrication on the terminal is limited to mechanical items
(5) Operate the antenna control to return the
which are a part of the antenna. No additional lubrication
drive rod to its original position.
is required or desirable.
b. Clamps and Pillow Block.
(1) Clean all sliding surfaces of the side leg
assembly clamps, the quick-release pins, the pillow
These procedures should be performed only when
blocks and the saddle clamp.
examination has determined that the parts are without
(2) Spray the cleaned surfaces with anti-seize
lubrication or operation is difficult. Normally lubrication
should be accomplished when the equipment is being
disassembled for another purpose or prior to installation.
The only lubricants are Aeroshell Grease No. 7 (MIL-G-
balls from sockets.
23827A) and Antiseize Compound (NSN 8030-00-251-
(2) Clean each of the items.
3980). Perform the lubrication procedure as follows:
(3) Spray the cleaned surfaces with anti-seize
Actuator Drive Rods. This procedure applies
to the drive rods on both the elevation and crosselevation
(4) Reassemble the ball joints and tighten the
(1) Operate the antenna control (or the hand
d. Elevation Bearings. The Zerke fitting on each
crank) to extend the drive rod to its maximum length.
elevation bearing should be lubricated once a year using
(2) Remove the boot clamp and slide the boot
Aeroshell Grease No. 7.
(1) On the underside of the bearing open the
(3) Clean the rod and apply a thin coating of
drain port by removing the hex nut.