(8) Replace the module by performing the
(5) On PS1 loosen the seven screws on TB1
above steps in reverse order except replace the
and remove the cable with its attached block.
connectors and tighten the screws. On the replacement
Move the cable and block aside.
module place the AGC OVERRIDE and FILTER
(6) On the side of the drawer remove the four
SELECT switches to NORMAL.
screws which hold the power supply in place. Support
e. Removal and Replacement of Power Supply
the power supply while performing this step.
(7) Remove the power supply and its
attached mounting bars from the drawer.
(1) Place the AC POWER switch in the OFF
(8) Remove the mounting bars from the
(2) Loosen the four captive screws holding
(9) Attach the mounting bars to the
the drawer to the rack.
replacement power supply and replace it in the drawer by
(3) Pull on the two handles and extend the
performing steps (1) through (7) above in reverse order.
drawer to its maximum extension.
(4) Loosen the 26 quarter-turn screws which
secure the cover to the drawer and remove the cover.
Section VII. MAINTENANCE OF RADIO FREQUENCY AMPLIFIER
AM-6703/TSC AND POWER SUPPLY PP-7087/TSC
replacement of power supply modules and to paragraph
5-21 for removal and replacement of the power supply.
a. This section contains instructions and
procedures for testing and fault isolation, and removal
and replacement. The fault isolation procedures are
based on the use of built-in-test equipment (BITE) and
DANGEROUS VOLTAGES EXIST IN
no additional support equipment or test equipment is
THIS EQUIPMENT. Do not attempt
required; however, the two units are functionally inter-
any removal or replacement unless
related and, therefore, must be tested as one functional
the equipment is in a non-operating
condition and all power circuit
replacement of power amplifier modules and to
breakers on the power distribution
panel are in the OFF position.