Figure 5-6. Power Amplifier, Module A2 Removal Cables.
(8) Lift the module bracket slightly to gain
(3) Remove the cables at the SHF IN and
access to the cable and SHF coax connectors.
SHF TEST OUT connectors.
(9) Unscrew and remove two chassis cable
(4) Loosen the eight captive screws on the
plugs P1 and P3 from module connector jacks AR1 J2
front panel of the PA.
and J1, respectively, at the bottom of the module (fig. 5-
(5) Pull on the two handles to extend the PA
from the rack.
(10) Unscrew and remove two SHF coax
(6) On the rear of the PA, remove two cables
cables W10P1 and W12P1 from attenuator AT1 and
from connectors J3 and J4 and the ground wire from
(11) Remove the module.
(7) Release the latches on the chassis slide
(12) Replace module A2 by performing steps
rails on each side of the PA.
(2) through (11) above in reverse order.
c. Removal of Power Amplifier Blower B1.
Because of the bulk and weight of the
(1) Observe the warning note under
PA, use two persons to remove it.
Handle the PA with care; otherwise,
(2) On the power amplifier (PA), unlock the
injury to personnel or damage to the
quick disconnect clamp securing the PA SHF OUT
PA may result.
waveguide flange to the shelter waveguide flange and
(8) Remove the PA from the rack.
free the mated flanges.
Remove your watch to prevent it from
Handle the waveguides with care. If
damaged, they may cause equipment