FUNCTIONING OF EQUIPMENT
Section I. GENERAL
For more complete understanding of the
information presented, refer to the functional block
Section II. ELECTROMECHANICAL FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION
(7) On-board teletype terminal.
(8) Mission orderwire circuit included.
intermodulation product levels when used with antenna
developed for trunking applications includes a number of
significant features such as:
(10) Independent subsystem design concept.
(1) Ground mobility via M832 transporter in
(11) Eight foot parabolic ground mounted
addition to M35 truck.
(2) Dual antenna capability-eight-foot ground
b. The AN/TSC-86 terminal is illustrated in a
mounted antenna AS-3036/TSC or 20 foot, high gain,
power pallet with redundant 30 kW diesel generators
(3) Multiple IF capability of up and down
provides primary power when commercial service is
unavailable. Transferal of the total AC load from one
(4) Optional satellite tracking capability-
generator to the standby unit is accomplished without
beacon or communications signal.
terminal shutdown. The S-280 shelter and power pallet
(5) High degree of unit level commonality with
are shown in the ground transport mode via M-832
AN/TSC-85 ( ), AN/TSC-93 ( ) and AN/TSC-94 ( )
transporters in figure 6-2. Provisions are included for
transportation of this equipment group via rail and sea in
(6) Full complement of up and down
addition to fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
converters included to support four carrier transmit and