antirotation slot to the screws in the opening. Be sure to
their associated washers.
install the protective cover washer and fasten the
(8) Carefully remove the filter and the RFI
connector to the panel using the jam nut.
gasket between it and the unit. Be sure not to damage
(10) Replace the four wires to the respective
the porcelain terminals at each end of the filter or the
input connections on the filters. Be careful not to
damage the bleeder resistor.
(9) Install a new filter placing the RFI gasket
(11) Replace the two wires to the bus bar.
between it and the unit. Use the hardware removed in
(12) Replace the top cover and RFI gasket.
step (8) above.
c. Replacement of the filters. This procedure is for
the replacement of a single filter. The procedure is
If a bleeder resistor was removed
applicable to all filters.
with the defective filter install a
(1) Remove the power entry panel from the
47,000 ohm, 5%, 1/2 watt resistor
shelter. (Perform steps a(1l) through (6) above.) (2)
between the INPUT terminal of the
filter and one of the two mounting
holding the top cover plate in place.
screws of the filter while doing the
Carefully remove the top cover plate and RFI gasket
next two steps.
taking care not to damage the gasket.
(3) Remove the 14 screws and washers
(10) Install the two mounting screws and
holding the bottom cover plate in place and remove the
washers at the INPUT end of the filter.
(11) Connect the wire from the MAIN POWER
(4) Remove the wire from the INPUT terminal
connector to the INPUT terminal of the ac line filter.
to the defective filter. Take care not to damage the
Take care not to damage the porcelain insulator (and the
terminal insulator or bleeder resistor on the filter.
resistor, if used)
(5) Remove the wire from the OUTPUT
(12) Replace the two cover plates and RFI
TERMINAL of the defective filter. Take care not to
damage the terminal insulator on the filter.
removed in step (2) above.
(6) Remove the two Phillips-head screws at
(13) Replace the bottom cover plate with the 14
the INPUT end of the filter.
screws and washers removed in step (3) above.
(7) On the bottom of the unit, locate the four
(14) Replace EMI filter and power entry panel
nuts used to fasten the filter to the plate. While holding
by reversing the procedure of a(1) through (7) above.
the filter in place, remove these four nuts and
Section IV. MAINTENANCE OF POWER PALLET
Maintenance of the power pallet is limited to removal and
replacement to the interconnecting cables, power switch
box, and components found to be defective during
performance of the fault isolation procedures. See figure
7-2 for component parts location and figure FO-5 for the
power pallet schematic wiring diagram.