(10) Loosen the thirteen 1/4-turn fasteners
(14) Through the bottom access opening,
which secure the front access cover.
loosen the waveguide clamp on the rear flange of flexible
(11) Remove the front access cover.
waveguide W3 (fig. 5-8). Accomplish this by inserting a
(12) Loosen the five 1/4-turn fasteners which
standard blade screwdriver into the clamp handle slot
secure the right side access cover.
and rotating it counterclockwise.
(13) Remove the right side access cover.
Figure 5-8. Power Amplifier, Bottom Access Opening, Removal Items.
(15) Move the clamp out of the way.
(19) On the top right side of the klystron
(16) Remove the SHF input cable plug P2 from
magnet, tag and remove four wires from the terminal
strip (use nonmagnetic tool). Hold on to the (magnetic)
(17) Through the top access and front access
terminal screws during their removal to prevent their
openings, loosen the screw on each of the hose clamps
which secure the flexible plenum to the blower and
Record the color coding of the
(18) Remove the flexible plenum.
tagged wires for later reference in
step f (8) below.